Monday, September 8, 2008

uo!sנaΛu! + sweנб!qwe

Gibberish? Actually, no. If you'll invert your computer monitor (or just take a screenshot and rotate it 180° in Photoshop) you'll be able to read the title of this post (that is, if you have Cyrillic and Hebrew encoding available on your machine). Why? Because I read the page in The Art of Looking Sideways ostensibly numbered 245.

Huh?

Here's the deal: the page is umop ap!sdn - so I decided to do the same, and flip this blog post upside down. Or, at least the title.

Now, if you don't have Cyrillic or Hebrew (or maybe you're just too lazy), the title of this post is "ambigrams + inversion" - so what is an Ambigram?

Again, assuming you're too lazy to click this link, I'll tell you. An ambigram is a word or sentence that can be read the same upside down as right-side up. Obviously, the title of this post is NOT an ambigram, as it can't be read right-side up (and barely so, upside down). But the one to the left of this post, the 20th anniversary edition of the Princess Bride DVD, is. Go ahead, flip it over!

Ambigrams fascinate me. So much so that I created my own:

Okay, so you have to sort of squint and imagine lines where there aren't any, but if you look closely, you might see that it says "ilinamorato"!

Not bad for an experiment, I'd say.

1 comment:

spyroterra said...

This is great (but I am too lazy to write it upside-down!)