Monday, October 6, 2008

Pienar?

My "sixth sense" is Pie Sonar. It's a strange gift, characterized by the ability to sense pies anywhere nearby, by composition, taste, and even texture.

When I first woke up on Sunday the 5th of October, I discovered a strange little niggling in the back of my mind. It called me forward, into the kitchen, where a lemon meringue was sitting on the counter.

As I went about my day, I felt the strange niggling pulling me in all sorts of directions - and, somehow, the taste of pumpkin would slide in to the left side of my mind, the taste of boston creme to the right. I decided I wanted some Pecan Pie; my Pie Sonar directed me around a corner and into a pastry shop. Just as I suspected, they had a pecan pie; I purchased and ate it. Twas delicious.

It was distracting for a while, but as I went about my day, I learned to tune out the sense I had developed that morning. It was much easier to sleep than you might expect; the tastes were actually rather soothing.

This just makes me wonder...what use could this sense possibly be?

No comments: